Exotic Egypt with Daniel Peterson, Ph.D.
We have put together an incredible journey that will allow you to explore all the highlights of Egypt. We have THE topnotch Egyptian guide—he was the one picked to escort President Obama when visiting Egypt and he has a Masters in Archaeology. This opportunity to travel with Daniel Peterson and our incredible guide and to see these UNFORGETTABLE sites as we stay in 4 and 5 star hotels as well as a 3-night Nile River cruise only comes once in a lifetime!
Day 1 Thursday / May 9
Fly from the US into Cairo (or stay an extra night in Jerusalem if you are coming from Israel).
Day 2 Friday / May 10
Arrive in Cairo. We will be met at the airport and driven to our hotel where we can relax and enjoy our evening on our own. Overnight in Cairo.
Day 3 Saturday / May 11
This morning we begin our tour of the pyramids—the only remaining wonder of the ancient world. We explore the Pyramids of Giza; enjoy a 1-hour safari riding a camel or in a horse cart in the desert; and see the Sphinx. For those who can handle tight spaces, there is an option to enter the great pyramid ($15). Our next stop the Papyrus Institute where we watch a demonstration of this ancient art and do some shopping. After lunch, we visit the amazing Egyptian Antiquity Museum including King Tut’s exhibit. Overnight in Cairo. (B, L)
Day 4 Sunday / May 12
We start our day visiting Sakkara—the sight of the oldest pyramids of Egypt and the oldest stone building in the world. It is best known as the location of King Zoser’s step Pyramid. Next, we proceed to the old capital of Memphis. Here we visit the ruins of the Temple of Ptah and the gigantic colossi of king Ramses II. At a local carpet school, we watch the children learning to make rugs from the cocoon of the silkworms and learn about the different kinds of Egyptian carpets. Overnight in Cairo. (B, L)
Day 5 Monday / May 13
After breakfast, we take early flights to Aswan and immediately begin our tour for the day by visiting the incredible High Dam built to save Egypt from the wild Nile flood. Next we travel by motor boat for about 10 minutes to visit one of the most beautiful temples in Egypt—the Temple of Philae. We return to Aswan and board our deluxe Nile cruise, our home for the next 3 nights. Overnight onboard. (B, L, D)
Day 6 Tuesday / May 14
We start our cruise sailing north. Our first stop is at Kom Ombo to visit the only double temple in Egypt, which is dedicated to Horus the falcon and Sobek the crocodile. We return to the ship and continue on to Edfu. There we find the most complete temple in Egypt. We end our cruise for the day in Luxor. This evening we can take an optional 2-hour horse cart tour through the city of Luxor ($20). This is a very popular, fun tour! Overnight onboard. (B, L, D)
Day 7 Wednesday / May 15
We start our tour by visiting the Valley of the Kings. We visit 3 of the famous tombs of kings (additional cost to visit tomb of Tut Ankh Amen-$15). Next we pass by Queen Hatshepsut’s Temple for a quick photo stop. As we leave the Valley of the Kings, we visit the Colossi of Memnon. We then return to the ship for lunch. This afternoon we have a photo stop at the Luxor Temple and then visit the Karnak Temple which is dedicated to the god Amon, his wife Mut, and their son Khonsu. Tonight, we can enjoy the optional evening spectacular Sound and Light show at the Karnak temple ($30). This unique show narrates the story of the temple and the history of Thebes, including the lives and celebrated achievements of the pharaohs who built the necropolis. Overnight onboard. (B, L, D)
Day 8 / Thursday May 16
This morning we disembark the cruise ship and take early flights back to Cairo. From there we board our flights either back to the U.S. or to Israel. An optional additional hotel night is available for those not going to Israel. (B)
Daniel Peterson, Ph.D.
TOUR COST: $2136 per person based on double occupancy (plus $80 standard gratuities due at final payment)
(Price is for Cash or Check payment. Price for Credit Card payments is $2201 per person)
Single Supplement is $500.
Space is limited so BOOK NOW!
Terms & Conditions
- Egypt visa, border fees, & departure taxes
- Meals as indicated (breakfasts and lunches plus dinners on cruise)
- Transportation in deluxe air-conditioned coaches
- Bilingual Egyptian guide
- Hotel accommodations at 4 and 5 star hotels and 3-night Nile River cruise
- Group transfers to/from the airports to the hotels
- All entrance fees to all sites in itinerary
- Camel ride in Cairo (or horse cart)
- Internal flights (Cairo to Aswan & Luxor to Cairo)
- STANDARD gratuities for guide and driver and for Nile River cruise staff (add-on paid at final payment)
- Trip Cancellation Protection
- Flight from Tel Aviv to Cairo (approx. $400) if coming from Israel OR flight from Cairo to Tel Aviv (approx. $300) if continuing to Israel
- Overseas flights
- Extra night in Jerusalem if coming from Israel ($113 per person)
- Meals not listed (3 dinners…budget approximately $70 per person)
- Gratuities for camel driver, horse cart drivers, felucca drivers, motorboat drivers, etc. (budget at least $50 per person…bring ones and fives)
- Optional additional gratuities for exceptional service by guide and/or driver and Nile River cruise staff (not required, but be aware that our entire group is usually so amazed with our guide, they are very generous)
Optional Add-ons (to be paid at the time in USD)
- Optional light show at Karnak Temple ($30)
- Optional entry into the great pyramid or another pyramid ($10-$20ea.)
- Optional entry into Tut Ankh Amen’s Tomb ($15 ea.)
- Optional 2-hour horse cart tour in Luxor ($20)
- Optional Nubian Village visit ($20)
- $400 per person due at booking
- Final Payment by February 9, 2019 (including $80 standard gratuities)
- $50 per person after deposit is received; $400 per person after February 9, 2019
- 100% cancellation penalty after final payment March 9, 2019
***PASSPORTS ARE REQUIRED and must be valid through September 2019***
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the nature of this tour you must be able to climb steps and walk briskly unassisted.
Please note that minor changes to the itinerary may occur due to local conditions and to better accommodate our group.