Journey to Sacred Church History Sites with Robert Millet, Ph.D.
Join Robert Millet on this spiritual journey to the sites of the Restoration as we visit Palmyra, Fayette, Susquehanna, Kirtland, Independence, Liberty Jail, Adam-ondi-Ahman, Nauvoo, Carthage Jail, and so much more! Hear the stories and read the revelations at the actual sites where they took place. Be taught while traveling and while visiting these sacred sites by historical guides, set apart missionaries, and each other. We won’t just talk about the history of these places, but how the stories of the past can help us draw closer to the Savior in our everyday lives!
A pre-tour excursion to NIAGARA FALLS is available.
Day 1 Thursday / September 26
Fly to Rochester, New York and take the transfer to the hotel. We will hold a short meeting this evening and discuss our upcoming trip itinerary.
Day 2 Friday / September 27
We will spend a full day seeing the sites in Palmyra. Our stops will include the Sacred Grove, the Smith Family Farm, the rebuilt log home where Moroni’s visits took place, the Hill Cumorah, the Grandin Press (where the Book of Mormon was first published), the Martin Harris Farm, and the exterior of the Palmyra Temple. There will be time to attend the Palmyra Temple this evening for those interested. (B, L)
Day 3 Saturday / September 28
Today we travel to Fayette, New York and visit the Peter Whitmer Farm. This is where the Church was officially organized. We then journey on to Harmony, Pennsylvania where most of the Book of Mormon was translated. We visit the new Priesthood Restoration Site at the Susquehanna River. (B, D)
Day 4 Sunday / September 29
We travel to Hiram, Ohio today. Our first stop is the John Johnson Farm where Section 76 of the Doctrine and Covenants was received. We will hold a devotional there. Joseph and Sidney saw the Celestial Kingdom, the Father and the Savior, and many other things in the upper room of this home. This is a very sacred place. We then continue on to the hotel in Kirtland. (B, L)
Day 5 Monday / September 30
Our full day in Kirtland begins with a private tour of the interior of the Kirtland Temple. We then visit the Morley Farm where the first missionaries were sent out, the Father and Son appeared, and where the first High Priests were ordained. Throughout the day, we will also visit the LDS Kirtland Visitor’s Center; the Newell K. Whitney home where Joseph and Emma lived; the Newell K. Whitney store which included the School of the Prophets where many revelations (including the Word of Wisdom) were received; the John Johnson Inn where the Church periodical, The Evening and Morning Star was published; the reconstructed Kirtland Schoolhouse; the Kirtland Ashery and a reconstructed water-powered sawmill; and a home of the Prophet Joseph Smith. (B, L, D)
Day 6 Tuesday / October 1
This morning we transfer to the Cleveland, Ohio airport for our flight to Kansas City, Missouri. Once in Missouri, we tour Independence and Liberty Jail where so many enlightening revelations were received by the Prophet. (B)
Day 7 Wednesday / October 2
Today we visit the temple lot in Farr West and visit the valley of Adam-ondi-Ahman. This valley is where Adam bestowed his last blessing to his righteous posterity and where Christ will appear before his glorious Second Coming to Adam and his righteous posterity including Saints of all dispensations. We then drive on to Quincy, Illinois (site of an early encampment of the Saints). (B, D)
Day 8 Thursday / October 3
We travel to the “City Beautiful”—Nauvoo. Included in our day are Joseph Smith’s home and grave site; the Red Brick Store; the LDS Visitor’s Center; the Relief Society Statue Gardens; the Seventies Hall; Brigham Young’s home; Wilford Woodruff’s home; Heber C. Kimball’s home; and other historical sites. You may also visit the Land and Records Center to discover your personal Nauvoo heritage. (B, L)
Day 9 Friday / October 4
We enjoy the morning in Nauvoo on our own (time to attend the Nauvoo Temple) before we gather to drive down to Carthage Jail. It was here that Joseph and Hyrum sealed their testimonies as martyrs. This evening we attend the production of “Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo.” (B, D)
Day 10 Saturday / October 5
Today we drive down to St. Louis for our return flights home. (B)
*Optional One-night Pre-Tour Visit to Niagara Falls / Wednesday / September 25
Make the most of your flight and come a day early to visit NIAGARA FALLS! We have put together a great combination tour including a fabulous lunch overlooking the falls that is sure to be a treasured memory. We will explore both the American and Canadian sides of the Falls for the best of both worlds.
Book your flights to arrive any time on September 25, 2019
We will be picked up at our hotel at 8:00am for the 1 ½ hour ride to the Falls where we will experience all of the following:
- A thrilling ride aboard the world-famous Maid of the Mist Boat (rain gear provided)
- View the Falls atop the American Observation Tower
- Feel the thunder at the adventurous Cave of the Winds and descend 175 feet to the “famed” Hurricane Deck at the base of the Bridal Veil Falls (rain gear provided)
- View the magnificent Niagara River Gorge to see how the churning waters of the world-renowned Niagara Falls carved out this awesome spectacle
- Visit the oldest state park in the U.S.A.: Niagara Falls State Park
- Visit ALL KEY viewing areas of the Falls including Goat Island
- In addition, visit or view: Horseshoe Falls, American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Three Sister Islands, Luna Island, Terrapin Point, Prospect Park, Table Rock, Toronto Power House, Raging Rapids, Old Scow, International Water Control Gates, Water Intakes, Queen Victoria Park, Sir Harry Oakes Garden Theatre, Giant Whirlpool, Hydro-electric Power Plants, Niagara Escarpment, and the Floral Clock
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch overlooking the Falls at the Grand Fallsview Sheraton Restaurant
We will return to our hotel at around 6:00pm in time for dinner on our own and the fireside.
Robert Millet, Ph.D.
TOUR COST: $2148 (based on double occupancy and payment by check. $2213 for payment by credit card.)
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT: $540
Space is limited to 46 so BOOK NOW!
Terms & Conditions
- Lectures with Robert Millet
- Cruise Lady Escort
- Meals as indicated (all breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners)
- Hotel Accommodations
- Internal flight from Cleveland to Kansas City (group flight)
- Use of a receiver to better hear the narrative and instructions above the background noise.
- Entrance Fees & Activities
- Transfer to/from the Airport
- Transportation in a Deluxe Air-conditioned Coach
- Meals on arrival day, 4 lunches, 4 dinners and meals on the way home.
- Air to Rochester and home from St. Louis
- Personal Items
- Trip Cancellation Protection
- Deposit of $500 per person due at registration
- Final Payment due June 25, 2019 (nonrefundable July 25, 2019)
- $30.00 per person after deposit is received
- $500 per person after June 25, 2019
- 100% cancellation penalty after July 25, 2019
*Optional One-night Pre-Tour Visit to Niagara Falls
TOUR COST: $272 per person (based on double occupancy)
Single supplement is $65
- Extra Hotel Night in Rochester
- Transportation from the hotel in Rochester to Niagara Falls (round trip)
- Private sightseeing tour with a Professional Licensed Guide
- Buffet Lunch
- Maid of the Mist & Cave of the Winds
- Sightseeing Tour of Niagara Falls (Canada and U.S.A.)
- Admission/Attraction Fees/Parking Fees
- All Tolls/Bridge Tolls/Taxes
- Standard Gratuities
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the nature of this tour you must be able to climb steps and walk briskly unassisted.
Please note that minor changes to the itinerary may occur due to local conditions and to better accommodate our group.