There isn’t a better way to start your Holy Land experience than to begin it all with Jordan. See the ancient ruins of Jerash and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World — Petra — which also happens to be one of Diane (Cruise Lady) Larsen’s two favorite places in the world. (You can ask her where her other favorite place is when you see her.)
|ITINERARY (Click on each day for details)|
Sunday / April 24
Fly to Amman. (overnight on plane)
Monday / April 25
Arrive in Amman, Jordan. We will transfer to our hotel to rest from our flights and prepare for our tour. (D)
Tuesday / April 26
After breakfast, we will travel to the ancient city of Jerash where we can wander the ruins and imagine the chariot races of so long ago. After lunch near the ruins, we stop at the 12th century Al-Shawbak Castle built on a hill in the plain of Edom. Our day continues with a stop at Al Beidha, better known as Little Petra. In one of the buildings, we find remains of painted frescoes with birds, grapes and flowers. We end our day at Petra where we will check into our fascinating hotel—a converted Bedouin village where each room is unique. (B, L, D)
Wednesday / April 27
We will spend this day visiting one of the New Seven Wonders of the World—Petra! At Petra we will walk between the towering cliffs leading to the magnificent edifice made famous by the movie, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The entire area is filled with fascinating caves and carvings that are sure to leave a lasting impression. Take the opportunity to ride a camel, a horse, or a horse-drawn chariot for part of the journey. Enjoy lunch at Petra before traveling on to Jordan’s largest wadi (a valley cut into sandstone and rock). Wadi Rum is the actual valley where Lieutenant T.E. Lawrence led the Arab revolt of 1916-18 and also where the 1962 film Lawrence of Arabia was filmed. Our adventurous journey through the sand dunes of Wadi Rum will be safari-style on the open-air seats of trucks. Our safari ends with an unforgettable meal in an authentic Bedouin tent. We then board our bus and return to our hotel. (B, L, D)
Thursday / April 28
Today we leave Petra and stop at Mt. Nebo where Moses looked out on the Holy Land. At Mt. Nebo we enjoy lunch and some shopping time before heading to the border to begin our Israel tour. (B, L)
Cost: …$896 per person based on double occupancy plus $68 pre-paid gratuities (due at final) for cash or check payments. Credit card payments: $924 per person plus $68 gratuities. Single Supplement is $200.
Space is limited to 46 so BOOK NOW!
|Jordan Visas, Border Fees, & Departure Taxes|
|Meals as indicated|
|Transportation in deluxe air-conditioned Coaches|
|Bilingual Jordanian Guide|
|Hotel Accommodations at 4 star hotels|
|All entrance fees to all sites in itinerary|
|Group transfer from airport to hotel (extra charge if not with group)|
|Standard gratuities: $68 per person to be pre-paid with final payment|
|POSSIBLE cost for Jordan Visa IF YOU ARE ARRIVING EARLY (Before April 24)|
|Transfer costs to the hotel IF YOU ARE ARRIVING EARLY (Before April 24)|
- $250 per person due at time of booking (deposit is non-refundable – it can be transferred to another person on the same tour date. We will attempt to find someone to take your spot if you cancel but we cannot guarantee it).
- Final Payment: Final payment is due three months before the tour departure date.
- If you cancel: Deposit is non-refundable; however, it is transferable to another guest on a new booking, traveling on the same tour date. After final payment, the full amount is non-refundable. If you cancel and you can find someone to take your spot, we will refund the deposit. If we have a waiting list, we will refund your deposit by placing someone in your spot.
- If we cancel the tour for any reason: Deposit is non-refundable; however, it can be transferred to any other tour or kept as a future tour credit to be used at any time on one of our advertised tours (cannot be transferred to a cruise). The balance will be refunded or applied to a future tour as a credit.
- The only way to avoid trip cancellation penalties is to buy trip cancellation insurance. If you are interested in the insurance, we can help you purchase it.
Check Your Invoice Names: Please check to see that your names are spelled correctly. Your first and last names must appear as they appear on your passport for International travel and Driver’s License for domestic tours.
COVID: Vaccines are currently required to enter Israel
PASSPORTS ARE REQUIRED and should be valid 6 months after the end of the tour.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the nature of this tour you must be able to climb stairs and walk unassisted at a moderate pace.
Please note that minor changes to the itinerary may occur due to local conditions and to better accommodate our group.